Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ar...@itsindia.com on 2002/04/11 12:35:15 UTC

Servlet Testing

Hi

I am trying to learn how to do Servlet Testing using the Cactus project of
Jakarta's. I have done all the required configuration. My question is , do
I need log4j to do any kind of logging. Can I not even put
System.out.println statements in the test code to see the step-by-step
processing.

I am getting the following error in the testXXX() method that I have
written

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.util.MissingResourceException:
Can't find bundle for base name cactus, locale en_US
     at
java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:707)
     at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:679)
     at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:546)
     at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.<clinit>(AbstractHttpClient.java:88)
     at org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)

Could any one help me to tell me what this error is all about?

Thanks & Regards
Arathi

-----------------------Disclaimer------------------------

The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those
of the Company. All liability is excluded to the extent
permitted by law for any claims arising as a result of the
use of this medium to transmit information by or to
IT Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.

We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to
carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to
this message.  We cannot accept liability for any loss or
damage caused by software viruses.

RE: Servlet Testing

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Please read the manual first (which is what I have already told you on
the junit mailing list ...) and then come back if you still have a
question.

Thanks
-Vincent

P.S.: Here is my response to your message on the junit mailing list :

"
Please send your questions to the Cactus mailing-list (see Cactus web
site for directions).

I would also suggest you read the getting started guide and
configuration one before (and potentially the FAQ) as they contain the
answer to your question.

Thanks
-Vincent
"