Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Joanne Mao <Jo...@on24.com> on 2006/03/15 00:31:04 UTC

Pass a xml String to FOP Servlet?

The current FOP servlet takes an xml file and xsl file as inout
parameters to generate a pdf file. My question is: How can I pass a xml
String instead of a xml file? I have a JSP that constructs dynamic xml
String and would like my user to be able to view it as pdf. Right now my
work-around is to write this xml String to a temporary file and then
render pdf. Is there a way that I do not have to use this work-round?

I googled and found very few posts regarding this topic and nothing
seemed to work for me.

Thank you very much for your help.

Joanne