Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Andre E. Bar'yudin" <ba...@pob.huji.ac.il> on 2002/07/30 19:11:10 UTC

Charset problem

Dear all,

I have a problem with setContentType() function in my servlets.  I pass
it "text/html;charset=UTF-8".  It works very well with:

Tomcat 4.0.2/4.0.3
RH 7.2
jdk 1.4

the output is displayed Ok in the browser, the server sends the right
Content-Type header: "text/html;charset=UTF-8".

However the same code running under Tomcat 4.0.4 or any other greater
version seem to ignore this function call and gives me gibbrish in the
browser and the Content-Type header is: "text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1".

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Andre.