Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> on 2018/07/20 22:00:48 UTC

Re: [Artemis] upgrade from 2.1.0 getting errors around config-delete-queues

I'm looking at a possible solution to this issue.  Please open a JIRA as
previously requested.

In the mean-time I think you could just use the "data" command to export
your 2.2.0 journal and then import into a new instance of 2.6.2 (or
whatever).  Make sure your 2.2.0 instance is not running then from your
2.2.0 instance's "bin" directory run:

  ./artemis data exp > /path/to/export.xml

Delete the first line from export.xml (errant logging makes it into the
output).  Then start the new instance and run this from the new instance's
"bin" directory:

  ./artemis data imp --input /path/to/export.xml

Then shutdown the new broker instance and copy your address-settings, etc.
over.

Justin

Posted by Dan Langford <da...@gmail.com>.
in case its helpful ill add that when i look at the move from 2.1.0 to
2.2.0 https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/compare/2.1.0...2.2.0 i
can go to "Files changed", find AddressSettings.java and on line 724 (on
the 2.2.0 side) i can see the broker trying to decode a policyStr and it
can allow for null however my data is not encoded with "null" as a value
because my data does not have the property or any more values so a  "Failure
in initialisation: java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException" is thrown. i look
at the source for 2.6.2 and it doesnt look (at a quick glance) to be
handled differently however i understand that it could be handled
elsewhere. i havent yet tested an upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.6.x because
startup times were so long it made trying it difficult. different problem.

just as an FYI. should i add some of this to the ticket instead of this
thread?

Posted by Dan Langford <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [Artemis] upgrade from 2.1.0 getting errors around config-delete-queues

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [Artemis] upgrade from 2.1.0 getting errors around config-delete-queues

Posted by Dan Langford <da...@gmail.com>.
created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1984 sorry for the
delay. i was trying to perform some due diligence and test on the latest
version but with how long my restarts are taking (another issue addressed
in another thread) it made validating the error a bit more time consuming.

thank you so much for the ideas around exporting and migrating up to a
newer version.