Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mario Loewenhaupt <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/18 04:35:29 UTC

Memory Modules

Hi guys!

I´ve testing Cloudstack for a while now and planing to go live with it for
some of our clients.

As cloudstack claims that it runs from standard hardware, my question is:

Is it necessary for a live depoyment to strictly use "Reg ECC" memory, or
can normal memory modules be used (non-ECC).

What are you experience?

Best regards

Mario

Re: Memory Modules

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:35:29PM -0300, Mario Loewenhaupt wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I´ve testing Cloudstack for a while now and planing to go live with it for
> some of our clients.
>
> As cloudstack claims that it runs from standard hardware, my question is:
>
> Is it necessary for a live depoyment to strictly use "Reg ECC" memory, or
> can normal memory modules be used (non-ECC).
>
> What are you experience?
>
> Best regards
>
> Mario

This is more of a hypervisor specific question, right?