Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com> on 2008/05/19 18:32:42 UTC

Re: How is the hadoop marked in the UK/Europe?

Hadoop is new technology.  You aren't going to find opportunities to work
with it via job agencies.

That said, there is a growing trend towards scalable systems in general and
Hadoop in particular.  Lately, it seems that everywhere I turn around, I
find another startup company using hadoop.  I just was asked to perform due
diligence on a 12 person web-search startup and wa

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On monster.com, there are currently 12 jobs that are tagged with Hadoop:

http://tinyurl.com/6hrhv6

Also look through the powered by hadoop page:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

-- Owen

Re: How is the hadoop marked in the UK/Europe?

Posted by Lukas Vlcek <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I didn't investigate EU market in details but was able to notice that at
least two interesting start-ups were offering Hadoop based jobs:

Last.fm (London based internet radio)
Properazzi.com (Barcelona based real estate search engine)

Also I am not sure what Ted was going to tell us... his email ended somehow
prematurely. May be he was going to mention some other companies. Anyway,
you can investigate powered by wiki sites of Hadoop and related projects
(like Lucene, Solr ...).

For example Solr powered by wiki site is here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/PublicServers (contains Properazzi) and Hadoop