Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajesh Khan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/19 21:12:36 UTC

Does Cumin work in Windows

Before installing and downloading I wanted to know if Cumin would function
in Windows7 ?

Re: Does Cumin work in Windows

Posted by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
I couldn't say for sure, but I'm fairly sure that it's written in python
and I *think* it uses postgesql database which are both open source so
it could probably be *made* to work in Windows 7

however.......

When I played with Cumin (which was ~ 1 year ago) it was fairly clear
that it was primarily aimed around RedHat/Fedora I'm running Ubuntu and
I had to do a bit of hacking around of the database initialisation
scripts to get it to work as it was barfing on path names for
executables and the like - it was clearly expecting them in their
default RH locations and Ubuntu is just different enough.

So my guess is that it's unlikely to work out of the box for you and you
are likely to need to hack around quite a bit.

The UI is web based so that should work - though of course IE has its
own issues. IE9 is usually OK though.

Your best bet might be to install VirtualBox and fire up a Fedora VM on
your Win 7 box to host Cumin, I *think* you can configure it to point to
different brokers.

The UI I'm working on is mainly HTML5 with a Java REST API back end so
that should work OK for you when I get round to releasing it.

BTW your posts keep getting flagged as Spam by my mail provider, you
might want to check that you don't have any malware on your box using
you as a Spambot.

Frase