Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Mirza Abbas Raza <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/01 22:15:36 UTC

Axis fault reported by Sandesha: Cannot initialize URI with empty parameters.

Thanks, Jaliya. That fixed the issue I had mentioned.
However, I am facing another issue.

The test scenario is like I have the web service
client, a POJO, sitting along with an ejb in a jar on
weblogic. The test web service is hosted on
tomcat/axis on the same machine. I run the client
without sandesha and the round trip is successful.

Enter Sandesha. I added the following snippet in the
right place as described in the docs.

SandeshaContext ctx = new SandeshaContext();
ctx.initCall(call, url,
"urn:wsrm:<operation_name>",Constants.ClientProperties.IN_OUT);

Also, I added the last message and end sequence calls
in the right place. When I run the client, an axis
fault is reported:

AxisFault
 faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: Cannot initialize URI with empty
parameters.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:Cannot
initialize URI with empty
 parameters.
        at
org.apache.sandesha.client.RMSender.invoke(RMSender.java:125)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrateg
y.java:32)
        at
org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
        at
org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2748)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2347)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1804)

Looks like the exception happened in AddressingHeaders
class, for which I couldn't find the source. I am
guessing that Sandesha is looking for the replyTo
header for ack from the server. If that is the case, I
can't specify the replyTo address since I am just
using the libraries to make a call. The libraries may
using some arbitrary port. I tried passing
Constants.SYNCHRONOUS to SandeshaContext constructor.
However, I got the following exception:
AxisFault
 faultCode:
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: ERROR: To perform the operation, ReplyTo
address must be specified
. This EPR will not be the Sandesha end point. If it
should be Sandesha end poin
t, please set the propety 'sync' to false in call.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:ERROR:
[...]

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Abbas

--- jaliya@opensource.lk wrote:

> Hi Abbas,
>
> Please add the following  two lines to the
> client-config.wsdd after the
> </gloabalConfiguration>
>
>  <handler name="RMSender"
> type="java:org.apache.sandesha.client.RMSender"/>
>  <transport name="RMTransport" pivot="RMSender"/>
>

> So the transport section of your client config may
> looks as follows.

> </globalConfiguration>
>  <handler name="RMSender"
> type="java:org.apache.sandesha.client.RMSender"/>
>  <transport name="java"

pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>
>  <transport name="http"

pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
>  <transport name="local"

pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>

http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/sandesha/1_0/Sandesha-1.0-src.zip

http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/sandesha/1_0/Sandesha-1.0-bin.zip

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/sandesha/trunk/

http://ws.zones.apache.org:7070/sandesha-interop/interop.jsp

http://ws.zones.apache.org:7070/sandesha-interop/services/RMInteropService

Re: Axis fault reported by Sandesha: Cannot initialize URI with empty parameters.

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Mirza,

Sandesha does not expect users to specify the ReplyTo address
specifically. However to do request/response type web service
invocations, it needs the return EPR and will take automatically from
the Machine. If you initiate the context with Constants.SYNCHRONOUS then
it expect a separate ReplyTo address.

If you have logs please see whether you have UnknownHostException in the
log file. This means that Sandesha could not get the source URL to send
as ReplyTo address when it sends the requests. In any case if you can
send what is there in the log that would be very easy to figure out what
was the problem.

Thanks,

Jaliya

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.