Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Puthick Hok <hp...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/16 05:19:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Script error message

Hi,

I've two servers running SUSE with Apache 2.0.53 and 2.2.4. We've been
using the server with Apache 2.0.53 for our internal web development
platform. In this server, the error message from a buggy CGI perl
script is displayed onto the browser. While with Apache 2.2.4, the
error message from the same buggy script is delivered the browser in
such a way that the browser prompted me to download the HTML error
page.

I know that I can fix this by putting something like "CGI::Carp
qw(fatalsToBrowser);" in my perl script. However, my colleague is
wondering why these two servers behaving differently. Is it Apache,
CGI or Perl that makes this difference? Is it possible that one of
these servers is misconfigured?

Please forgive me if this has nothing to do with Apache.

Thanks,
Puthick