Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Kandarp Desai <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/25 21:13:42 UTC

Help to intergrate SFTP in Apache FTPServer

Hi,

I'm willing to help in integrating Mina's SSHD module in FTPServer. So,
FTPServer can support SFTP.
I'm novice to open source projects. I don't know how to start.
Can you please guide me? or give pointers please?
Also, any ideas how much efforts and time it'll take ?

Regards,
Kandarp Desai

Re: Help to intergrate SFTP in Apache FTPServer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Kandarp
Desai<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm willing to help in integrating Mina's SSHD module in FTPServer. So,
> FTPServer can support SFTP.
> I'm novice to open source projects. I don't know how to start.
> Can you please guide me? or give pointers please?
> Also, any ideas how much efforts and time it'll take ?

The way it normally works is that you would add a JIRA issue (unless
there is already one for this) and claim that you will work on it.
Then, you supply patches back to the project (after some time, you
might get granted committership).

So, have a look at simply start coding and see where that takes you.
We'll be here to help if you need.

/niklas

Re: Help to intergrate SFTP in Apache FTPServer

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, it's more related to SSHD than FTPServer.
I think building SFTP support in a new module would be a good idea.

I haven't really read the SFTP spec, so I have no real idea how
difficult it would be to implement it.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Help to intergrate SFTP in Apache FTPServer

Posted by Shikhar <sh...@schmizz.net>.