Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/11 16:49:04 UTC

[m2] war overlay and web.xml

Hello

I just discovered the war overlay option and this will be very usefull for
me :
I have to create a developper environment for a legacy project (build using
a simple shell). We are adding a new module that will use up to date technos
and separate datas from legacy, but must run in the same webapp.

I have converted the legacy java sources to be build using maven, to create
legacy.war
As building legacy is long (lot's of classes), I want to be able to package
and run my new module war for testing quickly. I have created another war
project for my new module and use overlay in legacy to merge both (only used
for building the realease).

How to configure the web.xml to be merged ?

Nico.

Re: [m2] war overlay and web.xml

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.
I just discovered MECLIPSE-172 about this.

Is there any plan to include it into maven-eclipse-plugin 2.3 ?

Nico.