Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Pani, Gourav" <go...@brightpoint.com> on 2003/03/10 22:36:00 UTC

Problem encountered posting large files

I am using HttpClient release 2.0 Alpha 3 using J2SDK1.4.1_01 .  When I try
posting large files greater than 2MB using the PostXML.java example, I see
the packets going across and get responses back but it takes extremely long
sending the data and in the process, the connection times out.

I managed to successfully post and receive a response using the Socket
object in a different test program.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Gourav

Re: Problem encountered posting large files

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Gourav,

Help us understand the problem better:
- Are you saying that it takes longer to post a large file using
HttpClient compared to using a raw socket?
- What kind of HTTP server are you posting your request to?
- What kind of exception are you getting? Can you post the the call
stack of that exception?

Oleg