Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Georgescu, Cristian [IT]" <cr...@citigroup.com> on 2002/07/03 20:07:05 UTC

Log4J and multiple logging files?

I try to have multiple log files using log4j and it doesn't seem to work.

I want to be able to use separate property files when I initialize each of
the categories (loggers).
Each category is for a separate Java package. The top-level application uses
all the packages and would expect a log file per package.

Example: An application that uses a database package and a security package.
Each package should have it's own log file, plus a log file for the
appliation itself. The database package would log only database errors, the
security package would log only security errors, etc. In this case there
would be a database log file, a security log file and an application log
file.

There seems to be no way to configure log4j for this.

Anyboby could help or suggest a work around for this?
Thanks,

Cristian Georgescu
Salomon Smith Barney
Private Client Infrastructure