Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/23 11:24:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

A release candidate for Geronimo 2.1.6 has been created and staged.
This version is the same as the previous release candidate except for an
upgrade to the spring framework dependency.

The tag has been created here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/geronimo-2.1.6

The staging repo is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-008

The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-008/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.6/geronimo-2.1.6-source-release.tar.gz

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-008/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.6/geronimo-2.1.6-source-release.zip

The distribution artifacts have been copied to a second staging
repository for your convenience:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/2.1.6/

We have to verify the binaries pass the tck, so the vote may be open for
longer than the 72-hour minimum.

[  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
[  ]  0 no opinion
[  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)

Rick

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
+1, can be built and start successfully.

-Rex

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by Ashish Jain <as...@gmail.com>.
I was able to build and run a few sample applications. It looks fine. My +1.

--Ashish

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Vamsi

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (pending TCK)

Jay

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sig, checksums, legal files, source, build, testsuite -- all look good.

--kevan

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.

--
Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Rick,

--
Vamsi

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
+1
I have run the Java EE 5 TCK testing, all passed.

--
Ivan

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Geronimo 2.1.6 - second attempt.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Mark result in subject -- fulfilling my obsessive compulsive tendencies...
--kevan

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.