Posted to users@jena.apache.org by baran_H <ba...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/10 09:49:39 UTC

[jena] Joseki: Loading URI's with escaped chars

Hello,
when i load a resource like

http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%E2%80%93bang_control
(such URI's i usually receive as query result from an endpoint)

into a namedGraph at Joseki-start, in config file i have manually to
replace
all % with %25, otherwise nothing will be loaded, is this not something
that Joseki should do?

thanks, baran.

Re: [jena] Joseki: Loading URI's with escaped chars

Posted by baran_H <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:10:31 +0100, Andy Seaborne
<an...@epimorphics.com> wrote:

> On 10/03/11 08:49, baran_H wrote:
>> Hello,
>> when i load a resource like
>>
>> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%E2%80%93bang_control
>> (such URI's i usually receive as query result from an endpoint)
>>
>> into a namedGraph at Joseki-start, in config file i have manually to
>> replace
>> all % with %25, otherwise nothing will be loaded, is this not something
>> that Joseki should do?
>
> I don't quite understand -
>
> is http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%E2%80%93bang_control in the config
> file
>
> or does data that contains it being loaded? If so, what format?
>
> By "nothing is loaded" do you mean parse error or just zero triples, no
> error.
>
> Could you give a complete minimal example please. I doubt it's Josekiper
> se - maybe something in the underlying parsing and it'll happen fromthe
> API as well.
>
> Which version of the software is this?

Following is in the configFile of Joseki 3.4.3 and it works

_:model2 rdf:type ja:MemoryModel ;
  rdfs:label "Model (dbpc:Science)" ;
  ja:content [ja:externalContent
<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%25E2%2580%2593bang_control> ;] ;

When i don't replace % with %25 and take the original URI

<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%E2%80%93bang_control>

and start Joseki again: No parsing error, no error, but nothing is loaded,
i check both cases with a simple query...

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.
I tried this:

  wget -O X --header 'accept:application/rdf+xml'
'http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%E2%80%93bang_control'

and got a document with 2 triples neither of which are dcterms:subject

I tried the %->%25 version:

  wget -O X2 --header 'accept:application/rdf+xml'
'http://dbpedia.org/resource/Bang%25E2%2580%2593bang_control'

and got a doc with 26 triples, including one dcterms:subject

So it's the data in dbpedia.org

To check, try:

SELECT * { ?s ?p ?o }

	Andy