Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vempap <ph...@emc.com> on 2012/08/15 23:53:44 UTC

solr.xml entries got deleted when powered off

Hello,

  I created an index => all the schema.xml & solrconfig.xml files are
created with content (I checked that they have contents in the xml files).
But, if I poweroff the system & restart again - the contents of the files
are gone. It's like 0 bytes files.

Even, the solr.xml file which got updated when I created a new index (with a
core) has 0 bytes & all the previous entries are lost too.

I'm using Solr 4.0

Does anyone has any idea about the scenarios where it might happen.

Thanks.

RE: solr.xml entries got deleted when powered off

Posted by vempap <ph...@emc.com>.
No, I'm not keeping them in /tmp

RE: solr.xml entries got deleted when powered off

Posted by "Buttler, David" <bu...@llnl.gov>.
You are not putting these files in /tmp are you?  That is sometimes wiped by different OS's on shutdown

It's happening when I'm not doing a clean shutdown. Are there any more
scenarios it might happen ?

Re: solr.xml entries got deleted when powered off

Posted by vempap <ph...@emc.com>.

Posted by vempap <ph...@emc.com>.
nopes .. there is good amount of space left on disk

Re: solr.xml entries got deleted when powered off

Posted by Leonardo Souza <le...@gmail.com>.
Just guessing,.
disk full?

--