Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com> on 2012/08/27 16:33:26 UTC

fast way to do random getRowOrAfter reads

I want to do a lot of random reads, but I need to get the first row after
the requested key. I know I can make a scanner every time (with a specified
startrow) and close it after a single result is fetched, but this seems
like a lot overhead.

Something like HTable's getRowOrBefore method, but then getRowOrAfter.
(Note that getRowOrBefore is deprecated).

Any advice?

Re: fast way to do random getRowOrAfter reads

Posted by jmozah <jm...@gmail.com>.
Get is internally treated very similar to SCANs in the RS. So this is expected.

./Zahoor
HBase Musings

Posted by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com>.