Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by zaza <za...@tlen.pl> on 2004/12/18 23:32:54 UTC

Batik and dSVG

Hello,

I am writing in the name of group of students. We would like to try to
move Batik on mobile platform. Moreover we would like to add dSVG
standard support to it. Are there any projects already working on this?
Can we count on your help and support?

Best regards,

Tomasz

Re: Batik and dSVG

Posted by za...@tlen.pl.
> Nuno Faria wrote:
>
> > check out http://opensvgviewer.sourceforge.net
>
>     While the project might be interesting, it seems to have been
> dead since the middle of last year.  TinyLine would seem to be a
> better bet, although it's cost, you might get a discount/donation
> since you are education.
>
> 	http://www.tinyline.com/
>
>     One problem is that dSVG implies JavaScript I think and
> tinyline won't have that (in fact I'm not sure Rhino - our
> Java based JavaScript engine will even run on J2ME anymore).
>
>     Anyway, good luck in what ever approach you take!

Thank you for your help.

Let me just add that the main reason why we are trying to combine
dSvg with mobility is that we would like to create a client
application on any mobile device (with java support) with scalable
user interface. dSVG has all the functionality we have been looking
for : buttons, text boxes and so on. And it's svg, so we can easily
resize it to any screen resolution.

I do agree that the biggest issue is Javascript. Rhino could be a
good start but it doesn't work with dSVG.

And again, I really appreciate your comment

Best regards,

Tomasz

Re: Qustion about SVG

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Alice,

Alice Mello wrote:

> Are you talking about the class or the interface :
> org.apache.batik.css.parser Class Parser  or org.apache.batik.parser
> Interface Parser ?

    org.apache.batik.parser (I normally drop org.apache just to make
it easier on the hands).

> I will look for example by the batik project. Just by loooking the API,
> I have no clue how to use the methods.

     Well the two classes of interest are batik.parser.PathParser
and batik.parser.PathHandler (there is also a 'DefaultPathHandler').
You give your String/Reader to the Parser and it will call methods
on the handler as it parses the path.

Re: Qustion about SVG

Posted by Alice Mello <me...@media.mit.edu>.
Thomas,

Are you talking about the class or the interface :
org.apache.batik.css.parser Class Parser  or org.apache.batik.parser
Interface Parser ?

I will look for example by the batik project. Just by loooking the API,
I have no clue how to use the methods.

Thanks,
Alice

Re: Qustion about SVG

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Alice,

Qustion about SVG

Posted by Alice Mello <me...@media.mit.edu>.
Hello all,

I wish you all a great holiday and Happy New Year!!!

My quick question is:

Given the part of a path data below, I would to know how to interpret
the fourth point after the "c". I imagine that after the triple cx1,y1
x2,y2 x,y, all the other points are regular Line to (l) points until the
next c appear. Is that correct?

I am implementing a translator. I need to read a SVG image and convert
it to my own internal data structure.

Thank you,
Alice

Re: Batik and dSVG

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.

Re: Batik and dSVG

Posted by Nuno Faria <na...@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt>.

Re: Batik and dSVG

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
zaza wrote:

> I am writing in the name of group of students. We would like to try to
> move Batik on mobile platform.

    This will be difficult as Batik has a number of fairly deep
dependencies on Java 2.  Which is generally not available in
mobile.  There are some Java 2 platforms available on mobile
sets (Win CE for example) but unless you target this I suspect
this would make the project a non-starter.

> Moreover we would like to add dSVG standard support to it.
> Are there any projects already working on this?

    There is a standard for dSVG?  Is this the 'widget' stuff from
Corel?  Whatever it is, I'm not aware of anyone working on "dSVG"
(but I'm sure there is lots of stuff that happens with Batik that
I know nothing of).

> Can we count on your help and support?

    I am always willing to answer questions and try and provide
direction, however as I stated above there may be some rather
deep technical difficulties in moving Batik to a mobile Java
platform.