Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Christian Hall <ch...@alltel.net> on 2008/08/29 21:35:32 UTC

[Trinidad] labels and required indicators in column headers

[oops...resending w/ proper subject]

When using a table/column/inputText combination, for example, how are people getting the inputText's label and required indicator into the column heading?

I understand I can just place the expression for the label into the column's headerText attribute, but I won't get the required indicator, so I wondered if there was some other way to make this happen magically.

Also, generally speaking am I correct in thinking that required and showRequired are not connected in any way? I saw some chatter about this, but as far as I can tell, even if a field is required, the indicator will not be shown unless showRequired is true (barring any special circumstances covered in another post using nested tables and such), correct?