Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk> on 2008/06/28 09:10:46 UTC

OSGI isn't it an optional jar

Hi

Isn't the org.osgi.core-1.0.1.jar an optional jar file?
In my esb-hello world sample war application to be deployed in WebSphere I get these jars in the web-inf/lib from maven

activation-1.1.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar
camel-core-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
camel-spring-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
jaxb-api-2.1.jar
jaxb-impl-2.1.6.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar
org.osgi.core-1.0.1.jar
spring-aop-2.5.5.jar
spring-beans-2.5.4.jar
spring-context-2.5.5.jar
spring-core-2.5.5.jar
spring-tx-2.5.5.jar
spring-web-2.5.4.jar
stax-api-1.0-2.jar

But anyway as OSGi is the future its probably better that its there than missing when people start using Camel. I just wanted to flag this?

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

RE: OSGI isn't it an optional jar

Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
My bad. I had just upgraded Camel to 2.5.5 and had 2.5.4 in my hello world application.

Changing to 2.5.5 now all is same version:
activation-1.1.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar
camel-core-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
camel-spring-1.4-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
jaxb-api-2.1.jar
jaxb-impl-2.1.6.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar
org.osgi.core-1.0.1.jar
spring-aop-2.5.5.jar
spring-beans-2.5.5.jar
spring-context-2.5.5.jar
spring-core-2.5.5.jar
spring-tx-2.5.5.jar
spring-web-2.5.5.jar
stax-api-1.0-2.jar

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
Guillaume did some work on CAMEL-577[1], now camel-core could run
without osig jar in the classpath.
I think we can mark the org.osgi.core-1.0.1.jar to be an optional jar.

[CI] Okay creating a ticket for this so we dont forget.

Re: OSGI isn't it an optional jar

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.