Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com> on 2005/11/06 21:06:11 UTC

Xalan required for JDK 5.x?

a client-developer of mine ran into the following error when trying to
use my client jar (compiled with 1.4.2):

NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/utils/URI$MalformedURIException
  at WSSignedEnvelope.java:460 (WSSignEnvelope.build())
  at WSHandler.java:201 (WSHandler.performSIGNAction())
  at WSHandler.java:151 (WSHandler.doSenderAction())
  at WSDoAllHandler:161 (WSDoAllSender.invoke())

i see that wss4j ships with a xalan.jar and that's the only place
(outside the JDK 1.4 rt.jar) that this class appears to be defined
i just wanted to confirm before i tell the developer they need to
include xalan.jar in their classpath (even tho, afaik, there is no XSLT
in the client-side code). :-/

sorry if this is a duplicate post - it seems certain that this question
would have come up long before now - i just wasn't able to find it (tho
i admit it didn't look very hard).
DEFINITELY something for the wiki/FAQ/whatever.
................ron.

Re: Xalan required for JDK 5.x?

Posted by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com>.
that's true of any jar - it just puts it into the classloader above the
app loader - it's not that much different from putting it on the app
classpath.  i guess i know deep down that you need to include xalan with
a 5.0 JVM (tho not with a 1.4 JVM) - i can't imagine why Sun removed
those classes from rt.jar (tho i'm even more surprised they added them
in the first place).  it just seems weird to include a whole XSLT engine
just for one (or a few) utility classes that (on the surface) seem to
have nothing to do with XSLT. :-/

Re: Xalan required for JDK 5.x?

Posted by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com>.

Re: Xalan required for JDK 5.x?