Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Xin Li <lx...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/04 18:21:30 UTC

Re: [UX] Design Exploration - AOO 4.0 Sidebar Specific Content Panel Design

Hi  all ,

We have updated a new version of design proposal after redefining some
detail issues. Please find the design proposal by the link:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Design_Exploration_-_Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_User_Interface_Design_Proposals#Sidebar_Content_Panel_-_UX_Design_propoals

Thanks.

2013/3/30 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>

> On 27/03/2013 Xin Li wrote:
> > The sidebar design proposal for AOO 4.0 has been uploaded to AOO UX wiki:
> >
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Design_Exploration_-_Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_User_Interface_Design_Proposals#Sidebar_Content_Panel_-_UX_Design_propoals
>
> This is really impressive. And I'm tempted to lock the wiki page to
> force developers to put this stuff on the blog... just joking, but
> really, each of these three images could become a blog post, if we want
> some more feedback.
>
> Coming to minor comments, I have some localization concerns, like in "6.
> Alignment": "Wrap text" and "Merge Cells". The former in Italian would
> be "A capo automatico" and wouldn't fit the space. This might suggest
> avoiding text in narrow spaces and preferring icons to it (we do have
> one for "Merge Cells", I'm not sure about "Wrap text"). This improvement
> can also come after 4.0, but cut text in 4.0 would not be very nice, so
> the few problematic cases (possibly, only this one) should maybe use a
> different layout.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Best regards,