Posted to commits@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/07/07 22:28:04 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsActionRelease135" by TedHusted

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TedHusted:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsActionRelease135

The comment on the change is:
Add note about 1.5 w/ 1.4 target

   * [http://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10121&fixfor=21721 Unresolved Issues]

   * [http://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=21721&styleName=Text&projectId=10121&Create=Create JIRA Release Notes]
+
+ == Remarks ==
+
+ The taglib reference plugin requires JDK 1.5, so we are compiling Struts 1.3.5 under JDK 1.5, with the compiler plugin configured to target 1.4 (in struts1/pom.xml).
+
+ There is probably some sequence of commands that would deploy the jars with 1.4, then switch to 1.5 to build the site and the distribution
+ assembly. But, it does seem worth the trouble to do the research so long as the compiler works as advertised.

  == TO DO ==

Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "StrutsActionRelease135" by TedHusted

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 7/7/06, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:

> The following page has been changed by TedHusted:
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsActionRelease135
> + There is probably some sequence of commands that would deploy the jars with 1.4, then switch to 1.5 to build the site and the distribution
> + assembly. But, it does seem worth the trouble to do the research so long as the compiler works as advertised.

s/does/doesn't ?

I think it isn't worth the trouble, but occasionally I read something
like this which seems to claim that the -target flag doesn't work:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-dev/200607.mbox/%3ce8rdlq$87r$1@tangens.hometree.net%3e>

It seems fine to me, I can build Struts 1 with Java 5, then switch to
1.4 and start mailreader in Tomcat 5.0 with 'mvn clean package
cargo:start'.

--
Wendy