Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by rs...@imolinfo.it on 2009/09/09 11:54:31 UTC

SEIs can implement java.rmi.Remote?

Hi,
I have a service implementation class that implements java.rmi.Remote.
I have annotated this class with the @WebService annotation and I'm
trying to use it as a web service with cxf.
During the wsdl generation called with the java2wsdl ant task I
receive the following error: "JAXWS SEI can not implement
java.rmi.Remote interface." And the generation stops. The exception is
raised by the JaxwsServiceBuilder class.
Strangely enough if I simply deploy the webservice it seems to work nicely.
I did some research in the jsr181 latest maintenance release and I
find this for the @WeService annotation:
"The service endpoint interface MAY extend java.rmi.Remote either directly or
indirectly, but is not REQUIRED to do so."

So in my opinion cxf should let SEI implement the java.rmi.Remote interface.
Can you confirm my hypotheses, if yes what is the fastest way to
workaround the problem while waiting for a fix?

thanks
Raffaele