Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by James Dunn <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/26 21:15:39 UTC

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Hello all,

I have a web site whose search is driven by Lucene
1.3.  I've been doing some load testing using JMeter
and occassionally I will see the exception below when
the search page is under heavy load.

Has anyone seen similar errors during load testing?

I've seen some posts with similar exceptions and the
general consensus is that this error means that the
index is corrupt.  I'm not sure my index is corrupt
however.  I can run all the queries I use for load
testing under normal load and I don't appear to get
this error.

Is there any way to verify that a Lucene index is
corrupt or not?

Thanks,

Jim

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 53 >= 52
        at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:431)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:135)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:103)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:275)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsReader.document(SegmentsReader.java:112)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(IndexSearcher.java:107)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.doc(Hits.java:130)

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Paul <pa...@waite.net.nz>.
This looks very much like the problem I had (see subject/thread
'Optimize Crash').

I anyone replies to this, could you please read my post as well - this
is still unresolved and I'd like to be able to take some action on it.

Cheers,
Paul.

James Dunn wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a web site whose search is driven by Lucene
> 1.3.  I've been doing some load testing using JMeter
> and occassionally I will see the exception below when
> the search page is under heavy load.
>
> Has anyone seen similar errors during load testing?
>
> I've seen some posts with similar exceptions and the
> general consensus is that this error means that the
> index is corrupt.  I'm not sure my index is corrupt
> however.  I can run all the queries I use for load
> testing under normal load and I don't appear to get
> this error.
>
> Is there any way to verify that a Lucene index is
> corrupt or not?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 53 >= 52
>         at java.util.Vector.elementAt(Vector.java:431)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.fieldInfo(FieldInfos.java:135)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(FieldsReader.java:103)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:275)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentsReader.document(SegmentsReader.java:112)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(IndexSearcher.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(MultiSearcher.java:100)
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.doc(Hits.java:130)

The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
		-- Lily Tomlin