Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by dkropotova <Da...@semantico.com> on 2007/11/23 13:05:35 UTC

cocoon+eXist xquery generator isn't working

Dear all,

I have followed this instructions to get the xmldb protocol working
(http://www.nabble.com/eXist-xmldb-tf1743163.html#a4740803)
It works, and I can access my eXist db using xmldb protocol.

I am now trying to use xquery generator, that i have specified as
<map:generator name="xquery" src="org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator"/> in the
cocoon sitemap.

While accessing my db now it gives me the following error
org.exist.util.DatabaseConfigurationException: cannot read data directory:
C:\Documents and
Settings\daria\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\Reader-Prototype\WEB-INF\data

If I change the data directory in the conf.xml to point to my db (it is at
C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.25\webapps\exist-1.1.1-newcore\WEB-INF\data). It then
says that the database has been locked org.exist.EXistException: The
database directory seems to be locked by another database instance. Found a
valid lock file:
C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.25\webapps\exist-1.1.1-newcore\WEB-INF\data\dbx_dir.lck

I was wondering is there a way of specifing the exist db's location rather
than copying it to cocoon/WEB-INF/data/

Many thanks!!!
Daria

P.S. sorry for double posting, the other post
(http://www.nabble.com/eXist-xmldb-tf1743163.html#a4740803) is quite old I
wasn't sure it will get a lot of attention. Thanks again