Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Guohui Gao <gg...@alpinenow.com> on 2014/05/14 17:02:10 UTC

How to use Ambari to deploy an Apache Hadoop2.2 cluster(Not HDP)?

Hi, all
Is there any way that I can use Ambari to deploy the Apache Hadoop?

I am trying to create a new hadoop cluster with apache hadoop 2.2.x/2.3.x/2.4.x for some test purpose.
I hope I can make it easily with the help of Ambari. However after I logged in to the Ambari server and trying to create a cluster. I can only see the HDP versions to create in the Select Stack page.

Thanks
Guohui

How to use Ambari to deploy an Apache Hadoop2.2 cluster(Not HDP)?

Re: How to use Ambari to deploy an Apache Hadoop2.2 cluster(Not HDP)?

Posted by Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>.
You may want to watch this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5475

And look for a recent Ambari mailing list conversation titled "Using Ambari
with vanilla Apache releases".

-Chris