Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/20 22:41:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc1)

This is to call for a new vote for the source release of Apache REEF 0.15.0
(rc1).

The source tar ball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/reef/0.15.0-rc1/

The Git tag is release-0.15.0-rc1
The Git commit ID is a45dd5a1b64270f9f04c5d0a6bcb5f6f9193bd65

Checksums of apache-reef-0.15.0-rc1.tar.gz:

MD5: c210138b0415c316bae5e1f779ba62e2
SHA:
845b668dbdc18ce1549a5fbc29a940c2bb7ee5ea7fd435fb798694f2a7d92dffe25684054e3424efe92a911445f9d502b7f653c0c815aeccdac2a403e72ecbf7

Release artifacts are signed with a key found in the KEYS file available
here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/reef/KEYS

Issues resolved in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315820&version=12334912

The vote will be open for 72 hours. Please download the release
candidate, check the hashes/signature, build it and test it, and then
please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache REEF 0.15.0
[ ] +0 no opinion

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.15.0 (rc1)

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Also do I need to create new branch for rc2? I don't think I will need to check in anything to fix it. I will probably create new tar ball on Linux. Can I just upload new tar ball and send a new vote for rc1?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
When I look on the git repo I see that permission for bin/run.sh for
example is: -rwxr-xr-x, but after I checkout on ubuntu it is -rwxrwxr-x. So
it is different even for master. Any ideas?

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Oh, what I ask to Markus is about the process for next release manager. I
was wondered ASF allows that.

It's not related to your preparation. Sorry for making you confused.
By the way, I think Markus already answered that you need to cancel the
first vote and make rc2 tarball with the same branch.

For your question, `How it will be different?`. If that is about benefits
to get archives on Github, the followings are the benefits.

* New release manager don't need to have Ubuntu OS.
* New release manager can not make mistakes on archiving.
   - Wrong permissions
   - Including irrelevant file (this happened before.)
* We can have more simplified release manager guide.

Dongjoon.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
I don't think they are signed.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Great.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dongjoon,

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Hi, All.

As Yunseong said, we are talking about the mixing effect of `umask`.

Let's think it simple.
We needs to release the tar file having the exact same content with our
master repository. That's all.

You can see 100755 when you run `git log -p bin/run.sh` at every OS.
(It's the real value of that file as you see in Github web viewer.)
It's consistent with our github master.

To Boris.
As a quick test, could you try again by running `umask 0022` and clone the
git?
I think that would solve your situation.

Dongjoon.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yunseong Lee <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Boris,

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yunseong Lee <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Will do that now.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
I see. Lets first see if we have an actual problem with permissions and how
we fix it if we have one. I tried getting the master on ubuntu and after
checking it out I see that permissions are different from what I see on the
repository. So I am not sure what I need to do here.

If I need an RC2 what is the right way to create RC2 branch (we are not
changing anything really)?

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Markus, WDYT?

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Hi, Boris.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Can u please check if permissions in the branch are good?

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Permissions were probably changed by Windows as I never touched these files. How can I see the permissions of the git repository?

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Dongjoon,

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.
I am pretty sure we cannot change it on windows. If we can let me know how
and to what files.

Posted by Mariia Mykhailova <ma...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boris Shulman <sh...@gmail.com>.