Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2002/12/13 18:39:10 UTC

Mod_jk Try #2 - error can't find apache

Ok.  So its time to give this another try.  For try #2 I decided to try to
build mod_jk according to the HOW-TO.  I'm running into a snag.  When I run
configure it is looking for a path to apxs.  My Apache 1.3.27 web server is
up and running, I can view my website.  Tomcat 4.1.12 itself was running
(before I shut it down to do this).  I searched my entire server, and the
only place I found apxs was in usr/sbin.  So this is the path that I used
for ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-java=${JAVA_HOME}. This is
what happens:

....everything prior to this checked out OK.
checking for grep... /bin/grep
checking for echo... /bin/echo
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for cp... /bin/cp
checking for mkdir... /bin/mkdir
checking for libtool... /usr/bin/libtool
no apxs given
checking for target platform... unix
no apache given
configure: error: Cannot find the WebServer

Any ideas?  Thanks :)

Denise

Re: Mod_jk Try #2 - error can't find apache

Posted by Jan-Michael Ong <jm...@adobe.com>.
apxs requires perl to be available check the first line of apxs

head -1 /usr/sbin/apxs

It should say something like

#!/usr/local/bin/perl or something along those lines

check the availability of your perl install

ls -l /usr/local/bin/perl

if it says "not found" do a find for perl and replace that line with the
location of the found perl.

cd /
find . -name 'perl' -print &

Hope that helps.