Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alexandr Porunov <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/25 08:19:30 UTC

How to configure cassandra in a multi cluster mode?

Hello,

I am little bit confusing about cassandra's configuration.
There are 2 parameters which I don't understand:
listen_address
seeds

I have 4 identical nodes:
192.168.0.61 cassandra1
192.168.0.62 cassandra2
192.168.0.63 cassandra3
192.168.0.64 cassandra4

What shell I do to configure those 4 nodes into a single cluster?

Sincerely,
Alexandr

Re: How to configure cassandra in a multi cluster mode?

Posted by Carlos Alonso <in...@mrcalonso.com>.
Listen address is the network address the node will listen into.
Seeds is the contact points a node will use when bootstrapping to find a
cluster.

To make those four into a single cluster just start the first one with
himself as a seed and then sequentially bootstrap the others with the first
one as a seed.

Finally run nodetool status to check that they see each other.

Hope it helps

Carlos Alonso | Software Engineer | @calonso <https://twitter.com/calonso>