Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Joseph Carter <Jo...@uk.intervoice.com> on 2006/05/24 16:17:12 UTC

Prepared statements

Hi,

We're doing some performance testing on Torque and we've noticed
that it doesn't seem to use prepared statements.
Is there some configuration option for this?
Or some other way of setting Torque to use prepared statements?

The only thing I can find is doPSSelect in BasePeer, but
nothing seems to call that. Is this Villages responsibility?

Thanks

Joe

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all attachments.

Re: Prepared statements

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Joseph Carter wrote:
> We're doing some performance testing on Torque and we've noticed
> that it doesn't seem to use prepared statements.
> Is there some configuration option for this?
> Or some other way of setting Torque to use prepared statements?

Torque (or  Village for that matter) does use prepared statements for
all insert and update operations. You can use doPSSelect in any
generated Peer class to use prepared statements for a select. However be
aware that Village chokes on joins then.

> This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you must treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws related to the privacy and confidentiality of such information.  If you are not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email, including all attachments.
Would you please keep this rubbish off the list.
Thanks.

Bye, Thomas.