Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Tom McCaul <to...@tomandco.co.uk> on 2016/09/29 08:58:24 UTC

Docker setup

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an official Docker for Prediction.io or if
anyone could recommend a good one to get started with?

Thanks,
Tom
--
*Tom&Co. Ltd.*
26 Chelsea Wharf

Office +44 207 351 3521
Mobile +44 774 010 4045
tom@tomandco.co.uk

Re: Docker setup

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
If you are looking for Docker containers for the services we have some here: https://github.com/actionml/ We use the standard Elasticsearch public container for 1.7.x

These don’t install PIO but all the services PIO requires. We are also working on a chef recipe for PIO, which IMO is better as a recipe since PIO will require a build from source as well as config based on other container discovery.

On Sep 29, 2016, at 10:53 AM, Kenneth Chan <ke...@apache.org> wrote:

there are also some community contributed

http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/community/projects/#docker-installation-for-predictionio <http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/community/projects/#docker-installation-for-predictionio>

https://github.com/tobilg/docker-predictionio <https://github.com/tobilg/docker-predictionio>

Kenneth

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Tom McCaul <tom@tomandco.co.uk <ma...@tomandco.co.uk>> wrote:
Thanks, Marcin.  I’ll check this out and looking forward to the official Docker!

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 at 10:21 Marcin Ziemiński <zieminm@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Tom,

There is currently no official Docker image for people to play with, but we are using Docker to run integration tests. It comes with pre-configured environment, but in order to make use of it, you need to build PredictionIO from source and use the scripts provided.
You can read about it here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/tree/release/0.10.0/tests <https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/tree/release/0.10.0/tests>
I know this is not the most convenient and recommended way to try PredictionIO for users, but it makes a few things easier. We we'll definitely release official images in the future.

Regards,
Marcin

czw., 29.09.2016 o 10:58 użytkownik Tom McCaul <tom@tomandco.co.uk <ma...@tomandco.co.uk>> napisał:
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an official Docker for Prediction.io or if anyone could recommend a good one to get started with?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Tom&Co. Ltd.
26 Chelsea Wharf
15 Lots Road
London
SW10 0QJ

Office +44 207 351 3521 <tel:%2B44%20207%20351%203521>
Mobile +44 774 010 4045 <tel:%2B44%20774%20010%204045>

Re: Docker setup

Posted by Kenneth Chan <ke...@apache.org>.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Tom McCaul <to...@tomandco.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks, Marcin.  I’ll check this out and looking forward to the official
> Docker!
>

> On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 at 10:21 Marcin Ziemiński <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> There is currently no official Docker image for people to play with, but
>> we are using Docker to run integration tests. It comes with pre-configured
>> environment, but in order to make use of it, you need to build PredictionIO
>> from source and use the scripts provided.
>> You can read about it here: https://github.com/apache/
>> incubator-predictionio/tree/release/0.10.0/tests
>> I know this is not the most convenient and recommended way to try
>> PredictionIO for users, but it makes a few things easier. We we'll
>> definitely release official images in the future.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marcin
>>
>> czw., 29.09.2016 o 10:58 użytkownik Tom McCaul <to...@tomandco.co.uk>
>> napisał:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there is an official Docker for Prediction.io or if
>>> anyone could recommend a good one to get started with?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tom
>>> --
>>> *Tom&Co. Ltd.*
>>> 26 Chelsea Wharf
>>> 15 Lots Road

Re: Docker setup

Posted by Tom McCaul <to...@tomandco.co.uk>.
Thanks, Marcin.  I’ll check this out and looking forward to the official
Docker!

On Thu, 29 Sep 2016 at 10:21 Marcin Ziemiński <zi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> There is currently no official Docker image for people to play with, but
> we are using Docker to run integration tests. It comes with pre-configured
> environment, but in order to make use of it, you need to build PredictionIO
> from source and use the scripts provided.
> You can read about it here:
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/tree/release/0.10.0/tests
> I know this is not the most convenient and recommended way to try
> PredictionIO for users, but it makes a few things easier. We we'll
> definitely release official images in the future.
>
> Regards,
> Marcin
>
> czw., 29.09.2016 o 10:58 użytkownik Tom McCaul <to...@tomandco.co.uk>
> napisał:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was wondering if there is an official Docker for Prediction.io or if
>> anyone could recommend a good one to get started with?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>> --
>> *Tom&Co. Ltd.*