Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Valentin Erastov <xi...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/08 18:16:16 UTC

Can I disable include of prototype in tapestry page?

Hello!

Can I disable include of prototype in tapestry page?

Thanks.

Re: Can I disable include of prototype in tapestry page?

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <P....@albourne.com>.
Hi Thiago,

> That's a very difficult feature to have, as everything in Tapestry that
> needs Javascript uses Prototype. That's an awful lot of code to be
> reimplemented.

Looking through recent posts on the list, it looks like this is now being looked at, and I am very glad for this, because it makes sense to me to separate 'libraries' from core logic. Components requiring AJAX should source in what they require instead of tight coupling with the framework. Even 'Prototype' should be seen as a library in order to make Tapestry more flexible and agile so far as AJAX development is concerned.

Peter

Em Mon, 08 Jun 2009 20:32:28 -0300, Angelo Chen
<an...@yahoo.com.hk> escreveu:

> Hi,

Hi!

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: Can I disable include of prototype in tapestry page?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi,

nice to have a option to totally disable the inclusion of Prototype. present
version has many ways to have it included either explicitly or implied like,
clientvalidation="false" will turn it off, but might not be always the case
as if your code has a script render call, or maybe a required attribute
somewhere in the form.

the reason is, a user might decide not to use the ajax support in t5, he
will do it himself.

angelo

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
escreveu: