Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Karen D. Wiens" <ka...@polygon.net> on 2003/10/16 20:20:44 UTC

RE: Pass scrape taglib to a method (revisited)

Hello all,
I understand this but the problem is that I need to use the output
within a scriplet.  Is that possible?

<c:set var="teststring"><scrp:result scrape="pj4"/></c:set>
  <c:out value="${teststring}" />
Will output the string but I can't use it within a scriplet

If I call the variable teststring in a scriplet, like
<%= teststring %>
 I get: No entity named "teststring" was found in this environment

I tried changing the scope but that didn't help.  I need to pass this
string to a method that someone else wrote....

I'm just getting started with these taglibs and appreciate any help that
anyone can give.
Thank you,
Karen

Posted by "Karen D. Wiens" <ka...@polygon.net>.
That works perfectly!!  Thank you so much!!

<c:set var="teststring"><scrp:result scrape="pj4"/></c:set>
<jsp:useBean id="teststring" type="java.lang.String"/>
<%= teststring %>

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>

---

RE: Pass scrape taglib to a method (revisited)

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Try: