Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2016/10/12 15:42:42 UTC

[REVIEW] ORC Board Report

All,
  Every quarter we have to report to the Apache Board about how the project
is going. Suggestions welcome.

.. Owen

 A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - We've made the 1.2.0 release and a bug fix release.
 - We've updated the http://orc.apache.org/ home page to better support the
   Apache branding guidelines.
 - We've implemented benchmarks between Avro, JSON, ORC, and Parquet.
 - We've given presentations about the benchmarks at Hadoop Summit San Jose
   and Melbourne, and Strata New York.
https://s.apache.org/file-format-bench

## Health report:
 - We continue efforts to increase the size and diversity of the
   contributor base by encouraging people to contribute to the project.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 6 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Aliaksei Sandryhaila on Wed Nov 18 2015

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 12 committers.
 - No new changes to the committer base since last report.

 - Last committer addition was more than 2 years ago

## Releases:

 - 1.2.0 was released on Wed Aug 24 2016
 - 1.2.1 was released on Tue Oct 04 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - The mailing list is relatively stable with fewer issues, but a little
   more dev and user traffic.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org: