Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Maximiliano Patricio Méndez <mm...@despegar.com> on 2015/12/17 22:15:58 UTC

Repeated localized resource in filecache

Hi,

I'm new to hadoop and I'm running the same map reduce job multiple times
with some unexpected behaviour.

In the mapreduce i'm adding a tmpjar dependency using the hbase utility:
TableMapReduceUtil.addDependencyJar(Redisson.class) - which finds the jar
based on the class and adds it to the "tmpjar" configuration of the
mapreduce job.

Every time I run the job a new jar added to
${yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs}/usercache/<myuser>/filecache

Is it normal to add the jar to this cache even if it's already there (under
a different ID for a previously submitted job)? Could it be that adding
dependencies with tmpjar is not the best way to add a commonly used
dependency to a mapreduce?

Thanks