Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Philippe Kernévez <pk...@octo.com> on 2017/01/01 12:22:22 UTC

HDFS client with Knox

kk1) Maintenant que Knox est en place j'aimerai l'utiliser.
En particulier depuis un client HDFS.
Je peux faire (ça marche) :
a) HDFS en RPC sur mon name node actif : "hdfs dfs -ls /apps"
b) HDFS en WebHdfs sur mon name node actif : hdfs dfs -ls
webhdfs://node1:50070/apps
c) CURL sur mon WebHDFS : curl "
http://node1:50070/webhdfs/v1/apps?op=LISTSTATUS"
d) CURL sur Knox : curl -u admin:admin-password -k "
https://node1:8443/gateway/default/webhdfs/v1/apps?op=LISTSTATUS"

Par contre comment faire avec Knox ? J'ai 2 pb :
a) Comment faire une authent basique, je ne trouve pas de moyen de passer
un login/password à la commande (soit elle est sans sécu, soit avec
Kerberos)
b) Comment indiquer que le protocole est en SSL, webhdfss ne semble pas
exister...

--

Philippe Kernévez

Directeur technique (Suisse),

pkernevez@octo.com
+41 79 888 33 32 <+41%2079%20888%2033%2032>

Retrouvez OCTO sur OCTO Talk : http://blog.octo.com
OCTO Technology http://www.octo.com

Re: HDFS client with Knox

Posted by Ulul <ha...@ulul.org>.
Hi

Philippe is asking about using basing auth with knox and using SSL with
webhdfs

a) this is exactly what you do with your d) : you pass
admin:admin-password credentials to knox, basic auth bing curl default.
If your question is about knox authenticating to hdfs, that's normal :
HDFS has only "no security" or kerberos

b) You can find swebhdfs
http://hortonworks.com/blog/deploying-https-hdfs/ but I'd say it's more
experimental than poduction grade. And the idea behind knox is that you
have an SSL encrypted stream between your client and knox, as you did in
d), and then clear streams between knox and HDFS servers, the cluster
being protected by a firewall of some kind. Please note that Knox
creates a bottleneck through which all data is flowing so don't use it
for massive data transfer

Ulul

Re: HDFS client with Knox

Posted by Philippe Kernévez <pk...@octo.com>.
Hi all,

Sorry for that bad quality post.
I accidentally send a draft during my holidays (with a bad connexion). I
will send you a detail message (in english) as soon as I can.
I will update it with your answer.

Regards,
Philippe

Re: HDFS client with Knox