Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manjush <ma...@lycos.co.uk> on 2004/05/20 13:31:05 UTC

Fill-in type cells with text on both sides in a single line.

Hi

I want to generate a contract form which contains
fill-in kind of cells.

"Its something like __________________________ and .."
which will be a fixed length blank and the data will
come centered in it. Textdecoration="underline" does
not work in this case as the underlining will be
limited to the text portion only.

Initially I tried a single celled table (see(2) below)
which could hold the data, but the table came in the
next line instead of the same line like:

"Its something like
__________________________
and .."

Then I tried the fo:inline tag (see (1) below) but
that too didn't help. Any idea of whats going wrong or
What can be done?

See the XSL:FO template below:

 <xsl:template match="blankcell">
    <fo:inline keep-with-previous="always">  <<--(1)

      <fo:table 		                     <<--(2)
	 keep-with-previous="always"
	 border-collapse="separate"
	 table-layout="fixed">

        <fo:table-column column-width="10cm" />
         <fo:table-body>
           <fo:table-row>
             <fo:table-cell>
                <fo:block keep-with-previous="always"
                  border-bottom-color="black"
			border-bottom-style="solid"
			white-space-collapse="false">
			  <xsl:apply-templates select="*|text()" />
                </fo:block>
             </fo:table-cell>
           </fo:table-row>
         </fo:table-body>
      </fo:table>
    </fo:inline>
 </xsl:template>

RE: Fill-in type cells with text on both sides in a single line.

Posted by Manjush <ma...@lycos.co.uk>.
Hi Mark,

Thanks, That's a good option. But the document contains
several such fields that may even span from one line
through the other like:

This line has a cell ____sometimes the data that may
Come may be more__________that spans in multiple lines.

So in order to keep them as a single unit, iam
looking for some textdecoration extension which
Can actualy underline blank spaces too and to
Any number of lines :)

Thanks

--Manjush