Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jon White <jo...@jwgalleries.com> on 2014/04/25 17:57:02 UTC

OpenOffice Corrupted

*Hi Support,

*Today I had a big problem with OpenOffice.  A couple of days ago, I had
to force quit OpenOffice, because it was preventing me from shutting
down my computer.  I used an OpenOffice file today, when I initialized
OO, I got a dialogue box that read:

  "The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while
reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" The
box gives the options to "reopen," or "don't reopen."  I've tried
clicking on BOTH of those options, and the same thing happens,
*NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*  I can't get rid of this dialogue box, and I
tried deleting Open Office, and re-installing it does no good, the box
keeps coming back.

     What can I do to eliminate this major problem?  I use Open Office
for correspondence, and record keeping, so this problem is a major one.
Please help me get past this glitch.

Best regards,
*Jon White
*www.jwgalleries.com

Re: OpenOffice Corrupted

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
> *Today I had a big problem with OpenOffice.  A couple of days ago, I had
> to force quit OpenOffice, because it was preventing me from shutting
> down my computer.  I used an OpenOffice file today, when I initialized
> OO, I got a dialogue box that read:
>
>   "The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while
> reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?" The
> box gives the options to "reopen," or "don't reopen."  I've tried
> clicking on BOTH of those options, and the same thing happens,
> *NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*  I can't get rid of this dialogue box, and I
> tried deleting Open Office, and re-installing it does no good, the box
> keeps coming back.

it's a known issue, see here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues