Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Raul Dias <ra...@dias.com.br> on 2007/02/15 19:26:38 UTC

whitelist_from_rcvd_ip -> WhitelistRcvdIP plugin

Hi,

I, as other people, needed to whitelist addresses that came from servers
with no rdns.  whitelist_from is not a good option, so I implemented
whitelist_from_rcvd_ip as a plugin.

Here is the man page.

Comments are welcome.

-Raul Dias

NAME
 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WhitelistRcvdIP - perform whitelist verifi-
 cation over IP address.

SYNOPSIS
 loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::WhitelistRcvdIP
[/path/WhitelistRcvdIP.pm]

 whitelist_from_rcvd_ip email_address ip.ad.re.ss/mask

DESCRIPTION
 This plugin complements whitelist_from_rcvd leting the ip address be
 specified instead of the revers DNS name.

USER SETTINGS
 whitelist_from_rcvd_ip email_address ip.add.re.ss[/mask]
    Same as whitelist_from_rcvd but using the ip address of the remote
    sender instead of the reverse DNS name.

     Note that the ip address can be one ip, a list of ips (space sepa-
     rated or multiple entries), can have (or not) a mask and can be
     negated with !.  It can be specified in the same way as
     trusted_networks.

     Please see the discussion on whitelist_from_rcvd and trusted_net-
     works in "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf".

     Example:

       whitelist_from_rcvd_ip *@yahoo.com !64.3.23.1 64.3.0.0/16

     This will whitelist any email @yahoo.com that comes from 64.3.*.*
     but not 64.3.23.1.

     OBS: The entry used is the last external relay ip.  So if your
     internal/trusted networks entries are incorrect, you might have
     some problems.

SEE ALSO
     "Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf"

AUTHOR
     Raul Dias <ra...@dias.com.br>

WhitelistRcvdIP plugin 0.2

Posted by Raul Dias <ra...@dias.com.br>.
For some reason I had 3 lines deleted in the plugin when I sent it.

here is the correct version.

-Raul Dias