Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Yohan Yudanara <yo...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/20 06:22:22 UTC

How to invoke tapestry client side validation on one fields?

Hi,

I want to ask a question:

Client side validation by default works on "blur" event, but I've change
the form property using clientValidation="submit", so that client side
validation only triggered on submit.
However, I want to trigger client side validation on one particular field
to works on "blur" event.
Is it possible to do that?

Let's say I have this code:
this.accountInput = $("fieldNeedOnBlurValidation");
Event.observe(this.accountInput, 'blur', ???? <-- what should I put here to
trigger client-side validation only on this field?);

Thanks in advance..

Re: How to invoke tapestry client side validation on one fields?

Posted by Yohan Yudanara <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've found the answer :)..It's very simple...

This is the answer:

Event.observe($(' fieldNeedOnBlurValidation '), 'blur', function(event) {

$('fieldNeedOnBlurValidation').getFieldEventManager().validateInput();
});