Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2004/03/30 18:07:38 UTC

Re: Bug: jk2 2.0.4 vs. mod_alias

jean-frederic clere wrote:

>> Settings and test case of course more than welcome :=}
>
> I think I have reproduced it with the following:
> +++
>   Alias  /examples /opt/SMAWoIS/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/examples
>
>   <Location "/examples/servlet/*">
>     JkUriSet group ajp13:pgtr0327:8009
>   </Location>
> +++
> The /examples/servlet/* uri has "/examples/servlet/*-1" for uri and
> match_type "suffix" sounds weird for me.

I have also managed to reproduce this more succinctly than previously in
almost the same fashion with:

    Alias /servlets-examples
    "D:\Tomcats\Tomcat5020\webapps\servlets-examples"
    <Location "/servlets-examples/servlet/*">
      JkUriSet worker ajp13:wtJk2Worker
    </Location>

The Tomcat servlet examples are not accessible with these settings.

They are, however, (apart from static content like images, etc) once you
remove the "Alias" line.

This example is clearly contrived as it is simplified down to the bare
essentials.  There are larger reasons for me needing to take this sort
of approach...

--
Jess Holle

P.S.  I see warnings that "worker" is deprecated and that I should use
"group" in the logs.  Is this just a change in terminology?  Where does
it all apply?

Re: Bug: jk2 2.0.4 vs. mod_alias

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Jess Holle wrote:
> Jess Holle wrote:

>>> I think I have reproduced it with the following:
>>> +++
>>>   Alias  /examples /opt/SMAWoIS/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/examples
>>>
>>>   <Location "/examples/servlet/*">
>>>     JkUriSet group ajp13:pgtr0327:8009
>>>   </Location>
>>> +++
>>> The /examples/servlet/* uri has "/examples/servlet/*-1" for uri and
>>> match_type "suffix" sounds weird for me.
>>

>> I have also managed to reproduce this more succinctly than previously
>> in almost the same fashion with:
>>
>>     Alias /servlets-examples
>>     "D:\Tomcats\Tomcat5020\webapps\servlets-examples"
>>     <Location "/servlets-examples/servlet/*">
>>       JkUriSet worker ajp13:wtJk2Worker
>>     </Location>
>>
>> The Tomcat servlet examples are not accessible with these settings.
>>
>> They are, however, (apart from static content like images, etc) once
>> you remove the "Alias" line.
>

> P.S. Let me know if I should file a Bugzilla bug for this....

No that would be a duplicate of 18472 or 28016.

Re: Bug: jk2 2.0.4 vs. mod_alias

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.