Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Enav Itamar <do...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/17 12:18:59 UTC

appending to a file

Hi all!

I'm new to hadoop, and I didn't find any method which allows appending to a
file.
Can anyone give an example of how to do this?

Thanks,
Einav

RE: appending to a file

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
It is not possible to do direct appends to an existing file. One possible
work around - create a new temp file whenever you want to do an append. Copy
data from all those temp files into one big file as and when you desire.