Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sreeram Vaidyanathan <nv...@live.com> on 2009/09/04 01:47:31 UTC

Re: Sorting performance + replication of index between cores

Did u guys find a solution?
I am having a similar issue.

Setup:
One indexer box & 2 searcher box. Each having 6 different solr-cores
We have a lot of updates (in the range of a couple thousand items every few
mins).
The Snappuller/Snapinstaller pulls and commits every 5 mins.

Query response time peaks to 60+ seconds when a new searcher is being
prepared.
I have disabled the caches (filter, query & document).

We have a strict requirement of response time < 10 secs all the time.

Thanks
Sreeram