Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Victor Chinnappan <cv...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/25 23:40:01 UTC

Re: BLOBS in SOAP. Feasible???. One more doubt...

Wouter,
Thanks for the pointer. I shall definitely take a look
at that. Since you have done significant amount of
work on that alreay, i thought i migh ask one more
question....

Using the java.net.* classes when i try to
upload/download a file it does not send the buffers
immediately and waits to buffer the whole file. If i
want to send a 30 MB file (Not an unrealistic case,
though), it will be cached, (Paging et al...) and then
sent over the wire. And if something breaks halfway,
then the whole thing is gone. Is there anything in
SOAP/Attachment protocol, that will address this
issue. Maybe i have not explored the java.net.*
thoroughly.... I am trying to think of a smart
upload/download functionality... I hope you understand
what i am tyring to say.

Interestingly, there is one other free library that we
came across....
http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/ that does
this job.. Why should not this/similar functionality
be part of that standard???? (Asking for much!!!!).
anyway, sorry to bother you... In case you find this
chartered waters already.... i would appreciate your

Thanks once again,
Victor.C

http://mail.yahoo.com/