Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by K Fung <kf...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/13 23:14:37 UTC

Specifying the correct SPN via WinHttpClients in HttpClient 4.4

Hello,

If we use WinHttpClients as, HTTP Negotiate authentication won't work
because the ticket being generated always uses 'null' service
principle name (SPN). Can this be filed as a bug?

According to the informational RFC 4559
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4559.txt), the service principle
name (SPN) should be in the following form: HTTP/hostname.

Of course, we can work around it ourselves if we did something similar
to http://stackoverflow.com/a/22865583 but it would be great if the
sample code works out of the box :-)

Regards,
kl

Re: Specifying the correct SPN via WinHttpClients in HttpClient 4.4

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On August 13, 2014 11:14:37 PM CEST, K Fung <kf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>If we use WinHttpClients as, HTTP Negotiate authentication won't work
>because the ticket being generated always uses 'null' service
>principle name (SPN). Can this be filed as a bug?
>
>According to the informational RFC 4559
>(http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4559.txt), the service principle
>name (SPN) should be in the following form: HTTP/hostname.
>
>Of course, we can work around it ourselves if we did something similar
>to http://stackoverflow.com/a/22865583 but it would be great if the
>sample code works out of the box :-)
>
>Regards,
>kl

Same. Please raise a JIRA for this defect and attach a patch or a pull request at Github with the changes you are proposing.

Oleg

Re: Specifying the correct SPN via WinHttpClients in HttpClient 4.4

Posted by K Fung <kf...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for getting back to me and tracking down my patch!

Cheers,
kl

Posted by Malcolm Smith <ma...@standardlife.com>.
Hi Ka-Lok,