Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com> on 2005/06/20 20:05:45 UTC

Re: Spamassassin & milter-spamc ...interdependencies?

Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com> wrote on 06/20/2005 12:48:21
PM:

> We are looking at upgrading from V2 to V3 of Spamassassin. The previous
> system person installed milter-spamc to link into sendmail with  the v2
> product (v2.6'ish I think).
>
> Since we are looking at the Spamassassin upgrade, are there any
> corresponding upgrades "mandatory" for milter ?
>
> Since the (2) programs "talk" to each other, I want to identify any
> dependencies such as specific version number, or if relinking is
> required in any specific product to take into account any library
> changes "shared" by the various programs

If you're only upgrading SA, you shouldn't need to make any other changes.
Although someone mentioned that milter-spamc didn't seem to work with SA
3.1pre1 but didn't provide any details.  In the past I've upgraded from
2.6x to 3.0x without any problems using milter-spamc 0.25.

Although on the new machine I'm putting together it won't compile, so I'm
switching over to spamass-milter.

Andy

Re: Spamassassin & milter-spamc ...interdependencies?

Posted by Dr Robert Young <rc...@aliconsultants.com>.
I'll be using the SA 3.0.4 and not the "pre" version. Hopefully that
will help.

I'll have to check to see which version of milter-spamc  they are using
however.

I was afraid the the products had to be "built" with version specific
libraries, or something similar, that would make a simple "replacement"
impossible.

On Jun 20, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Andy Jezierski wrote:

> If you're only upgrading SA, you shouldn't need to make any other
> changes. Although someone mentioned that milter-spamc didn't seem to
> work with SA 3.1pre1 but didn't provide any details.  In the past I've
> upgraded from 2.6x to 3.0x without any problems using milter-spamc
> 0.25.
>
> Although on the new machine I'm putting together it won't compile, so
> I'm switching over to spamass-milter.
>
> Andy

Dr. Robert Young
ALI Database Consultants
1151 Williams Dr
Aiken SC 29803
USA

WWW: http://www.aliconsultants.com
Tele: 1-803-648-5931
Toll free in US: 1-866-257-8970 Fax:1-803-641-0345
Email: rcyoung@aliconsultants.com
"Source of Rdb Controller, software for database analysis &
performance tuning"