Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohan2005 <mo...@roomsnet.com> on 2007/01/17 18:33:24 UTC

connectionTimeout for AJP 1.3 in server.xml

Hello

In the server.xml

There is no connection timeout value set
What is the default value ?

Should the value that is set here be equal to the value
connection_pool_timeout set in
workers.properties file ?

And what is the value set here..also in server.xml

Your reply is much appreciated
Mohan

Re: connectionTimeout for AJP 1.3 in server.xml

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Last time I checked explicitely was for 5.0.28. That (old) version had a
default of 60 seconds in the code, but it was not functional. You had to
explicitely set a value to enable the timeout.

And yes, having a good fit between connectionTimeout and
connection_pool_timeout should be best in most cases. The former is in
Milliseconds, the latter in seconds. The former goes into the connector
element of server.xml, the latter into mod_jk workers.properties.

Regards,

Rainer