Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> on 2017/02/17 10:41:35 UTC

Re: Solr - example for using percentiles

On 15/01/17 15:26, Vidal, Gilad wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you direct me for Java example using Solr percentiles?
> The following 3 examples are not seems to be working.

Not sure if this is still relevant, but I use the json.facet parameter
with SolrJ:

query.add("json.facet", "{\"ninety\":\"percentile(value,90)\"}");

 - Bram

Re: Solr - example for using percentiles

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: > Using the stats component makes short work of things.
: >
: > stats.true&stats.field=foo
:
: The stats component has been rendered obsolete by the newer and shinier
: json.facet stuff.

json.facet still doesn't support multi-shard refinement, so saying stats
(and/or) facet components are obsolute can be missleading.

For single node solr instances it probably makes no difference and the
JSON facet api is sexier for new users -- but for a lot of poeple the
accurate caclulations done by facet refinements can be pretty important.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: Solr - example for using percentiles

Posted by Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu>.

Posted by John Blythe <jo...@curvolabs.com>.
Using the stats component makes short work of things.

stats.true&stats.field=foo

You can determine which stats fields are retrieved, including which
percentiles you'd like to see returned:

stats.true&stats.field{percentiles="15,50,85,90}foo

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/The+Stats+Component

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 5:42 AM Bram Van Dam <br...@intix.eu> wrote:

> On 15/01/17 15:26, Vidal, Gilad wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Can you direct me for Java example using Solr percentiles?
> > The following 3 examples are not seems to be working.
>

> Not sure if this is still relevant, but I use the json.facet parameter
> with SolrJ:
>
> query.add("json.facet", "{\"ninety\":\"percentile(value,90)\"}");
>
>  - Bram

*John Blythe*
Product Manager & Lead Developer

251.605.3071 | john@curvolabs.com