Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com> on 2000/11/01 03:20:22 UTC

Re: Installation error on make test ... please help if you can

> Shane Reid wrote:
>
> Was wanting to add mod_perl so that I could run Apache::ASP, but ran into a problem with it.
>
> I am configuring it with the Apache 1.3.14, and am running into this error:
>
> modules/src.........Use of uninitialized value at modules/src.t line 27.
> FAILED tests 3-5
>         Failed 3/6 tests, 50.00% okay
>
> Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
> modules/src.t                 6    3  50.00%  3-5
> 4 tests skipped.
> httpd terminated
> httpd terminated
> *** Error code 9
>
> Stop.
>
> I have enabled the suexec wrapper and configured it, can suexec be used, I was unclear as to if it could be used and if it was being used if some
> files needed to be modified etc.  Any help on correcting this error would be appreciated...

I have run into make test errors before for mod_perl and happily
ignored them.  Just do a make install and see if anything works.

If you really want to deal with the problem, I would suggest
starting src.t line 27, and look at what's going on there.
Remember to make install the perl stuff before you make test.

-- Joshua

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA